Thursday, January 13, 2011

Before and After: Tiny Tapper

I’m going a different route here today at the In Place Of Her Crown blog.

Since the addition of my new baby, (the camera that is) I have been addicted to photography blogs. I recently stumbled upon this amazing blog called Pixel Perfect.  You really should check it out! The photos are amazing and the words are inspirational!

Today I decided to link up to Pixel Perfect’s before and after blog hop. I have to admit with all of the amazing edit entries I was a bit intimidated to link up. But, hey you have to start somewhere right?

The little sister received her dance recital costume last week and of course couldn’t wait to try it on! And I of course could not pass up an opportunity to use my new camera!

image

Here is the before SOOC version (taken with Cannon Rebel t1i)

066 

And here is the edited version

066 seventies

Cropped, door knob removed, basic lighting and contrast adjusting, and finally my favorite part, pioneer women’s seventies action!

I love the way the edit brought more attention to her sweet little painted finger nails and the expression on her face! She’s such a little ham!

Don’t forget to check out the other AMAZING before and afters over at Pixel Perfect

 

 

jean1

9 comments:

Angel Rogers said...

Very good edit! I like the yellowy tones and detail. Cute expression!

koreen (aka: winn) said...

I love these effects. She just pops and you really make the most of her personality there. :)

Mommy2Four said...

What a darling capture! Nice job!

Julie said...

I was thinking the same thing about her sweet little fingernails! Adorable. I think that 70's action is one of my faves!! Your daughter looks like she's full of spice! ;) Love it!

Thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to seeing more!

Marci said...

Great edit! The subtle color that pops through is very nice.

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

OMG this is so great! I just got a T2i and I have very little idea how to use it. Thanks for letting me know about pixel perfect. Headed there now!

Pixel Perfect said...

So cute!! Thank you for linking up. I love your blog!!

The Clark Clan said...

Great job! I am just came across your blog today and I am now a new follower! :] May I ask what photoshop you use?

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog! And thanks for the sweet comments and for becoming a follower! :o) I use a combination of Photoshop Elements 7.0 and Photoshop 7.0. I have had elements for a while but it intimidated me quite a bit at first. I'm glad I gave it another try though cause I really love it!