Monday, February 21, 2011

Pretty Pretty Princess


The big sister was insistent that I do not make her any clothes for this trip to Disney World.
“Mom I’m not trying to hurt your feelings, but the clothes you make aren’t really my style.” *Sniff* bless her little heart!
In my defense I really haven’t made her that many things. Remember I’m a just wannabe sewer. I can count on 1 hand how many outfits I have actually completed.
Here are the outfits I made the sisters for our last trip to Disney in July..
002 (2)003 (2)
006 (9)008 (6)
Oh Gosh, let me tell you. I had the biggest plans for this trip! I was going to make the sisters outfits for everyday we were there. See the above pictures? Well guess what? That’s as far as I got!
I didn’t even bother making the big plans for this trip. I knew they would never get finished! However, the one thing I knew I wanted to make was the Cinderella dress that Ashley of Make it and Love it  posted a tutorial for around Halloween time. I tucked that tutorial away in a safe computer place and saved it for this very occasion.

This dress idea created quite a few firsts for me.

I had never made anything with sleeves before
I had never even dreamed of working with stretch fabric

Satin? for real?

Neckline? I think I can I think I can!
    Ashley, you are awesome! I don’t think I ever would have attempted any of this if not for your generosity and your flawless tutorial. For serious, you even made this project easy for me!
    And so without further ado, here is my Snow white version using almost all of Ashley’s instructions, and even a few tricks of my own! 
    024 005
    008
    The big sister is a bit picky about her clothing so she decided that she would rather me not make that signature Snow White collar thingy or the cape.
    013
    All I did for the sweet little Snow White sleeves was add 3 strips of red satin ribbon by sewing it on top of my cut out sleeve before turning it to the actual sleeve. This took some trial and error but in the end I think I came up with a great concept! *wink*

    jean1

    Linking up to these great parties…

    2 comments:

    Tiffany said...

    I love that little jumper you made for last year... too cute!! Love Snow White as well.

    Lori said...

    Awe, the look on her face says it all! How wonderful for you, and a beginner too?Wow!If only I had grand-daughters, I do sew! Would I not have a blast??????Lori