Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cotton Candy. The Mini Monster Bag(free printable)

 

I’m sure you are all familiar with these giant bags of pure yumminess!image

source

But, how about these little cuties?

029

I knew that cotton candy was must for the little sister’s county fair birthday party. With funds being a too short to rent a cotton candy machine I decided to do the next best thing….

Hit up the $$ tree baby!

But, to my unhappy surprise, the ever faithful $$ tree let me down. Their cotton candy supply was pretty sparse. I bought all they had and decided it would just have to make do.

I got home and set the cotton candy on the table with the rest of the party supplies in dismay. That’s when the bell in my head went *ding* and I thought of this genius pretty cool idea.

Here’s how you can make your own:

First start with this free printable made by myself (pat on the back) I have “un-personalized” this set so that anyone may use them. If you need them personalized contact me and I’ll see what I can whip up!

I think you should be able to right click and save this as the original 8.5x11 size. If I am wrong can someone please point me in the right direction?

minimonsterbagtagYou will also need the following items:

  • Scissors/circle cutter
  • Clear cellophane bags ours were made by wilton and purchased at Walmart
  • cotton candy
  • ribbon for tying off your bag
  • optional measuring cup

004 

005

Start by printing out your Mini Monster Bag labels. We used white cardstock. Each circle tag measures about 3” in diameter. For easiest/best results I would recommend using a 3” circle punch. Or, if you are like me and don’t have one you’ll have to endure it the hard way. Scissors! Ugh! I hate cutting circles. Side note- the sisters found it quite amusing that I stick my tongue out while cutting.

011

If you are using a measuring cup, measure out about 1 1/4 cups of lightly packed cotton candy to put in your bag.

014

Transfer your cotton candy into the bag.

016

Next take one of your precut labels and slide it into the bag so that it is sandwiched in between the the front of the cotton candy and the inside of the bag.

019

Tie up your bag with your choice of ribbon. We used pretty short ribbon pieces so ours were just tied in a knot. Bows would be ADORABLE!  *note* for an added seal you can use the twist ties that probably came with your bags. However we skipped this part.

After your bag is tied. Shape your cotton candy as desired to give it that fresh from the fair look!

020

And that’s it! How cute are these? Perfect as birthday party favors or even a baby shower. Think Baby Monster Bag! *wink* Too stinkin’ cute!

          022025

For anyone wondering if I’m still going to finish my Disney trip blogging I Promise I will! Just as soon as we finish with all this birthday fun stuff!

 

jean1

Linking to these great blog parties


No comments: